How awesome is this?
Bouncy Balls that the kids made themselves!!
If you have not had a chance to stop by Making Memories with Your Kids to see all the AMAZING projects Erin does, you have to check it out! She shares the coolest ideas of things to do with your kids and lots of amazing recipes too. When Erin linked up this post to my Summer Fun party, it went straight to the top of my "Must Do" list for this Summer.
|The Super Balls from Making Memories with Your Kids|
The best part is they were SO easy to make.
For each ball, YOU'LL NEED:
- 1 tbsp. Elmer's white glue
- food coloring
- 1/2 tsp. Borax powder (can be found in the laundry detergent aisle of most bigger stores)
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 tbsp. warm water
Here's what you do:
1. In one cup, put your warm water, cornstarch and Borax. In another cup or bowl, put your glue.
2. Next, put several drops of food coloring into the white glue and stir well.
3. Give your water/Borax/cornstarch mixture a good stir to combine all the ingredients (the cornstarch has a tendency to settle on the bottom). Then pour the water mixture into your colored glue.
4. Give it a stir and you'll see it immediately start to clump together. Stir it a bit more until you have one big, slimy glob.
5. Take the glob out of the liquid and begin rolling it between the palms of your hands to form a ball. It'll be sticky at first, so keep a paper towel handy to wipe off your hands occasionally, but soon a rubbery ball will form. (We found that just using our palms seemed to work better than using our whole hands and fingers.)
6. Once the stickiness is gone and you have a nice smooth ball, that's it! You can bounce away!!