My daughter made her First Communion this past weekend and I planned a party for back here at the house after the ceremony. I knew I was going to make this "Guestbook" Table Runner, but I also wanted some kind of little favors for our guests. For awhile I had no idea what to make. It had to be inexpensive, but I still wanted something pretty. Then I remembered these Paper Cake Treat Boxes I had bookmarked a long time ago. All I had to do was change the colors and decorations to fit our theme, and I had a pretty party decoration and favors for under $10 total.
|I love how sweet this turned out.|
- template for favor boxes found HERE
- package of cardstock
- variety of ribbon, colored paper, etc. to decorate
- treats to fill the boxes ( I used miniature reeses cups, hershey kisses and wrapped mints)
1. Print out your templates directly onto your cardstock. You'll print out 11 of each size to make a layer cake with 33 boxes. (Do not shrink to fit the page or it'll be too small.). Cut out each of the templates on the "cut" lines and score on the "score" lines. This wasn't difficult, but was definitely the most time consuming step.
|All cut out, scored and ready to go.|
2. Fold your boxes on the scored lines and tape where directed to form your cake pieces. ( I used a scrapbooking tape runner and it made it much easier.)
|My daughter helped with this step.|
3. Fill your boxes with the treats and tape closed. I didn't bother notching the front tabs and sliding them together to close, I just used a rolled piece of scotch tape.
|Ready to fill.|
4. Decorate the front of each cake wedge with colored paper, stickers, ribbon, etc.
5. Stack the favor box wedges to form your cake and top with a little something as a cake topper. Stand back and admire your pretty "cake".
|Our pretty favor "cake" on our pretty Guestbook table runner|
Sharing this idea at:
Reasons to Skip the Housework
Funky Polkadot Giraffe
Today's Creative Blog
What I Whipped Up Wednesday @ Sugar and Dots
Night Owl Crafting
Sugar and Spice @ seven thirty three
Tatertots and Jello
Under the Table and Dreaming