Here's what you need:
|Freezer bags are thicker and hold up better to the rubbing salt|
* container (or two) of table salt
* several pieces of sidewalk chalk
* quart size freezer bags
Here's what to do:
1. Pour some salt in the freezer bag and add a piece of sidewalk chalk.
2. With the bag sealed, rub the chalk against the salt in the bag until the chalk color begins to rub off.
3. Use a funnel to pour the colored salt into your sand art container. Repeat the process with more salt and different colors of chalk until you have all the colors and layers you want.
That's it! Look at these fun finished projects!
The kids loved this little project ~ not only layering the colors like they've done before with sand, but also the process of making each color of salt. I liked how inexpensive it was! (less than $5 total ~ $1 for each container, $1 for a package of sidewalk chalk, and 75 cents for two containers of salt!)