Hi! I'm Rachel.
I think I have fooled many people into thinking that I'm a SuperMom.
As a mom, my world revolves around these three kids, and the things that I do are reflections of that. My love for craftiness and teaching inspired my blog Sun Scholars. When I created Sun Scholars, my goal was to provide a resource for other moms who, like me, wanted to provide the best for their kids. For me, education and fun is what 'the best' is all about. I hope you stop by and find something that inspires you!
Some of my blog favorites...
And now for my latest project!
A Notebook Bag for Teacher
The best part is, I made these for less than $4 a piece!
- Canvas Bag, white (I found this 3 pack at JoAnn's for $9.99 and used a 50% off coupon)
- Sharpies in Blue & Red, fine tipped
- Needle & Embroidery Floss, #414 (OR... you could use a grey Sharpie)
1) Use a ruler to make lines about 1/2" apart with the blue Sharpie. I started my lines 3" from the top of the bag.
My 3 year old struggles with writing names still, so I asked her to draw a picture of her teachers instead.
I thought these turned out SO adorable!
5) How crafty are you? I chose to embroider my children's pencil lines to finish these off nicely. If this is not your thing, you could go over your child's pencil lines with a grey Sharpie, or let them write or draw with the Sharpie in the first place. (I would recommend the pencil first... just to be on the safe side.)
** I'd also recommend tossing these in the dryer to heat set them. That way if they ever need to be washed, your lines will stay in tact.
And here is an up close shot of a finished bag. Totally adorable, right?
What teacher wouldn't love that?!