Doesn't this look yummy?
Now wait till you see how easy it is to make. The kids did 90 percent it themselves (which is good because I was the one who had to carry the 50 pounds of apples through the orchard!)
Here's what you'll need...
* fresh apples (sliced about 1/4" thick ~ we kept the skin on and used about 7 apples)
* box of yellow cake mix
* 1 stick of butter
Here's what to do...
1. Spray a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray. (You could easily do it in a smaller dish too, just adjust the amount of each ingredient).
2. Dump all the apples in the dish and spread them evenly over the bottom.
3. Pour a layer of dry cake mix over the apples. (We didn't quite use the whole bag, just enough to cover the apples with a decent layer)
5. If you're feeling like a real baker, go ahead and sprinkle a little apple pie spice or cinnamon over the top. (Optional, but my oldest insisted it would make it even more delicious.)
6. Bake at 350* for about 35-45 minutes until the top is slightly golden and the apples are hot and bubbly. (Note: with about 10-15 minutes left in the cooking time, peek in at your cobbler. If you notice there are some dry patches of cake mix, you can sprinkle just a little bit of water on them so it's not powdery. Then continue baking)
7. Take out of the oven, let sit for just a few minutes, then serve with a scoop of ice cream! (I wanted to snap a picture of the kids enjoying their cobbler, but in the couple minutes it took me to photograph my serving for this post, they'd nearly finished theirs! Take my word for it, though, they loved it!!)
Sharing the yumminess at: