Check it out...
Here's what you need for the party-sized bowl I usually make (recipe can be halved) :
- 6-7 medium sized apples
- 20 fun-sized Snickers bars
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 16 oz Cool Whip (I use light. It still tastes great and helps offset all those Snickers!)
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple
Here's what to do...
1. Core and dice your apples into about 1/2" -3/4" pieces. I use both red and green apples and usually leave the skin on, but you can peel them if you like. Cut up your Snickers bars into pieces about the same size as your apples. Add the chopped nuts and set aside.
2. Drain the crushed pineapple and squeeze out as much of the excess liquid as possible. Mix together the Cool Whip and the pineapple.
3. Gently fold in the apples, Snickers and nuts and gently stir until everything is combined.
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!!
NOTE: This dish is quick and easy to put together, so don't make it too far in advance. The crushed pineapples add a great flavor to the salad, but they will separate and create a little extra liquid at the bottom of the bowl. It's still yummy, but not as visually appealing as when it's fresh mixed. :)
Sharing the apple goodness at: