I've heard this yummy snack called by all three names ~ Monkey Munch is the one my kids like the most! However, no matter what you decide to call it, it's easy to come together with your kids to make this awesome little sweet treat!
9 cups Chex cereal (we used Rice Chex)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Measure your cereal into a large bowl.
|My sous-chef helps measure out the 9 cups of cereal.|
2. Put chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for one minute and stir, then microwave again for another 30 seconds or so until mixture can be easily stirred. Then add in vanilla.
|Stirring the yummy, chocolate-y mixture.|
3. Pour your chocolate mixture over your cereal and stir gently until the cereal pieces are evenly coated.
|Pouring the chocolate over the cereal.|
|Mommy stirred gently so the cereal wouldn't crumble too much.|
4. Put your coated cereal mixture into a large (1 gallon or larger) ziploc bag and add the powdered sugar. Seal the bag and shake until well coated. (The kids LOVE this step, just make sure the bag is well sealed!)
|Shaking it up to coat with powdered sugar.|
5. Spread your Monkey Munch on some waxed paper to cool, then munch away!! You can store your mix in a sealed container in the fridge.
|Licking the spoon as payment for her hard work! :)|