Because I made ours with three little helpers, they weren't perfectly uniform or as pretty as the ones my friend made, but the cookies were super easy & fun to make and tasty too. (Plus, I didn't even have to get out my mixer! ;) )
We made ours with the Funfetti Cake Mix, but I'm sure you could use just about any cake flavor.
- One box of cake mix
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 2 eggs
- frosting and sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Dump the cake mix, oil and eggs in a bowl and mix with a large spoon until it's all combined. (See, I told you it was easy!)
3. Scoop out by rounded tablespoons and form into balls. (I'm sure you could make them smaller as well). Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
|See, we're not terribly precise with our balls of dough.|
4. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten each ball to about 1/4 inch thickness. ( Dip the glass in flour first if you find that it's sticking )
|Flattened slightly with a glass.|
5. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown. Ours took a little bit longer, but some were kind of big and my oven's temperature isn't always accurate. Remove from pan and put cookies on a cooling rack.
6. If desired, add a little bit of frosting and sprinkles while the cookies are still warm.
|Adding Spring colored sprinkles.|
|Showing off her cookies.|
|Taste testing! :)|
Sharing the sweetness at:
Sugar & Spice @ seventhirtythree
Night Owl Crafting
Fireflies and Jellybeans