|Yummy Cinnamon bowl, vanilla pudding, strawberries and whipped cream!|
Since it was a gorgeous day out today and I had no intentions of spending a lot of time in the kitchen, I kept it simple ~ instant vanilla pudding and fresh sliced strawberries. However, as with the savory bowls, you have tons of possibilities for fillings. I'm think I might even try some pie fillings next time for little mock fruit pies.
Here's how I made them (almost identical to the Taco Bowls)
INGREDIENTS (I made 10, but it's easy to adjust):
- Ten 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 large box instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups cold milk to make pudding
- melted butter or cooking spray
- cinnamon sugar
- strawberries or other fresh fruit
- whipped cream (optional, but always a nice final touch!)
DIRECTIONS:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make the pudding according to package directions. Put in the fridge to set.
3. Microwave tortillas for 30 seconds to soften. (I did two at a time.) Place a softened tortilla in each of the muffin tins, gently pushing it down to the bottom and folding up against the sides. ( I found it worked well to fold the warm tortilla in half, then in half again, putting it down in the muffin tin and then unfolding it onto the sides and onto the bottom)
4. Brush the inside of each tortilla bowl with melted butter or spray with cooking spray, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
5. Bake the empty shells for about 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown. ( Mine took closer to 15 minutes, but my oven stinks, yours might take less time)
6. Allow the shells to cool, then spoon in the pudding, add the strawberries, top it off with a squirt of whipped cream and serve!!
We really liked the combination of the cinnamon, vanilla pudding and strawberries. It was fun to scoop out a few spoonfuls of the filling, then just pick up the whole bowl and eat what was left.
Sharing the sweetness at:
Reasons to Skip the Housework
Today's Creative Blog
Sweet Peas and Bumblebees
Night Owl Crafting
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Little Brick Ranch
Lovely Crafty Home
Nap Time Crafters
Tatertots and Jello